3rd Edition, Volume II, Corrigendum
In the introduction to the KISS Album Focus I stated, "In a work of this scope there is always the possibility
(probability) that errors and/or inaccuracies have slipped past my proof-reading and continuous revision". Sometimes,
no matter how much work has gone into the research and revision process, shit happens! Next to the page number are three
different denominators: (SC) - Softcover; (HBI) - Hardbound, Illustrated (also available as a softcover)...
- P.39/40 (HBI) - David Donato and Black Sabbath is worth more than a chapter in itself. Dali was actually
the project that included Mark St. John, David Donato, and Glenn Hughes. David was the primary writer and it would be the
demo tape that the band recorded that landed him the job with Sabbath; and Mark his job with KISS. The drummer, not Def Leppard's
Rick Allen, as could be read from, "his last was with Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen and Glenn Hughes" (p. 39), and Hughes
would continue to work together following Mark and David's departure. Ironically, Glenn would also become the next vocalist
in a proper Black Sabbath lineup (1985-6, what should have been a Tony Iommi solo band), along with future KISS drummer
- P.41 (HBI) - The "Lick It Up" tour ended in April 1984... As mentioned earlier in the chapter, but typo'd on
this page. Damned typos...
- P.42/3 (HBI) - The Wendy O. Williams album: Gene actually worked on this album prior to the "Lick It Up"
tour, not following its conclusion in March 1984. Getting the project released would take more effort and time, even though
the album was more appealing than Plasmatics releases had been...
- P.78/9 (HBI) - Vinnie & Hirsch. By the summer of 1984 it was being reported (in Kerrang) that Vinnie had
teamed up with Hirsch Gardner. Over two and a half months the two would record an album that only lacked lead-vocals. According
to Vinnie, "Hirsch and I have a special magic together. Everthing's feeling and sounding so good. I've let myself be really
free with the solos, and there's tons of 'em!"
- P. 314 (HBI) - The MTV Unplugged filming took place on August 9, not 8th...